Friday, August 10, 2012

Do Antelope Like Cantaloupe?

Well if they don't, we do! We tried growing the French heirloom Charentais (sha-rhan-tay) melons in our garden this year...with delicious results! These melons are famous in France: supposedly tourists there will pull over to the side of the road, lured by the floral aroma of a ripe Charentais melon field basking in the sun. You can smell the wonderful fragrance even before you cut these open. So pick these before the opossums (or antelope) do! These are not to be found in the grocery store, and rarely at a farmer's market, so try them in your own little bit o' dirt for a wonderful treat!




And another beauty in the late summer garden...Cinderella pumpkins! Oh the colors and smells and tastes of Summer!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

we just might have to try this one! Thanks for sharing, I enjoy popping on a few blogs now and then and catching up with yours felt like a burst of summer beauty. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just found my way here from your other blog, "Joyful Living".
I was surprised when I saw that you are in Central California and that you sell some of your designs at "Vintage Market" in Turlock. My husband and I used to live in Merced and I loved shopping at the "Vintage Market".
And another surprise was that I actually have one of your designs, a vintage floral barkcloth zippered pouch, with your label, "Dogwood", and I truly adore it!!
What a small world.
I look forward to following you here as well.
Hope you have beautiful day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

b.ellen said...

Yum! Wish we could share some with you! xx,B & co
I like cantaloupe too, xoxo Illsa